Friday, June 7, 2013

The Story Of A Girl

Holy shit, you're gorgeous. I wouldnt ever be like that miss connections guy, I would, if i could, treat you right, and be sweet and humble. Id respect you and whatever you said. But, I wouldnt have a chance with you.

Awww thank you, very sweet of you anon! :) and you don't know that for sure unless you live across the country or something ahaha

My ultimate "Missed Connection":

As many of you know, I have a strange obsession with reading the personals ads on Craigslist and more specifically the Toronto “Missed Connections” Ads. They are my guilty pleasure.
I read them for the entertainment factor, but I always seem to have this strange hope that one day I will stumble across one that was written about me. That’s just my inner romantic being ridiculous, but I digress. 

Having found myself single for the past 9 months with not much luck at meeting people, I started remembering more and more about my own ultimate “Missed Connection”. For the purpose of this story let’s call him “J”. 

It was last year, May the 4th to be exact. It was around 3am and I was stumbling back to my apartment after a night out with two of my best friends. Two guys sped up behind us on their bikes and I over-dramatically pushed my one friend out of the way. They screeched their bikes to a halt partaking in the “drama”, then we all laughed and began chatting. I felt this overpowering connection to J, who was charming, outgoing and slightly resembling Ryan Gosling in looks. I was still dating and practically living with Michael at the time, so I honored my commitment when J asked if he could take me on a bike ride. I declined. He inquired about meeting me the next night, I politely declined again.

Having spent the last year thinking about that night, J and what may have happened if I was single at the time, I decided to try a different avenue. Writing my own missed connection ad. I described the event, his appearance, small details of the night only he could remember (like asking him to include what his friend’s name was in the reply), and why I declined his advances at the time. I explained that I am now single and even though it is a long-shot to find him out of however many thousands of men in Toronto (and on Craigslist no less), I would like to see him again.

Emails started flooding in. Reply upon reply. People asking me if i’d like to see pictures of their genitals, if i’d like to meet up with them even though they are not “J”. I started thinking I was an idiot for even posting this ad and was tempted to take it down until it happened.
He read it. He messaged me. It was him! The real J!

He attached his picture, said his friend’s name and even described what my hair looked like that night (at the time I had black hair with center bangs). I was so excited and felt like this was fate finally coming into play with my love life. We exchanged a few emails until he finally asked me what I had hoped would happen if we found each other. I told him that I hoped I would see him again; that I wanted to know more about him.

That was when he asked me if I was up for some “NSA fun ;)” and essentially “Are you DTF?”.

And just like that my slightly restored faith in the single, straight, male population of Toronto was once again diminished.

Alone with 10 cats it is.

Heading to the movies.



Heading to the movies.

Going to see Great Gatsby with twin!

Working a half day downtown today.

Photo



Photo



somethingscosmic: I want picknicks in the park,on a tartan blanket.I want to feel...

somethingscosmic:

I want picknicks in the park,
on a tartan blanket.
I want to feel the butterflies in my ribcage,
when you hold my hand.
I want to gaze at the stars at night,
and let the moonlight illuminate our bodies.
I want things so beautiful that words cannot convey them.

Photo









Hey friends! Check out my new original song,...



Hey friends! Check out my new original song, "Lighthouse"

I hope you enjoy it!

Playing at the benefit concert for my dad's best friend on...



Playing at the benefit concert for my dad's best friend on the weekend.

Hi.



Hi.

Photo



Redeemed my free birthday drink two days early, just because....



Redeemed my free birthday drink two days early, just because. Thanks @starbucks !

Qui, Non ?



Qui, Non ?

I love my bestie @stefaniejane_



I love my bestie @stefaniejane_

Photo



Photo







Photo



Some nights I feel the pang of loneliness and miss being held by someone.Falling asleep in their...

Some nights I feel the pang of loneliness and miss being held by someone.
Falling asleep in their arms, or just knowing they are next to you.
Opening your eyes to see their face in the morning.
That feeling of being safe; that they are there to protect you.
But then I remember the comfort I have taken in the loneliness.
In sleeping alone. In truly feeling safe. In guarding my heart.

Not sleeping next to someone who deep down, you truly know nothing about.
Being held by someone who pretends like you’re their whole world, yet has every intention of breaking your heart, lying to you and hurting you.
Who in one moment made you feel so safe; so loved, like nothing or nobody could ever touch you, and the next was the one causing the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment